When you buy a product through a link on our site, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 5 Best Camping Chairs
Camping is a popular way for people to experience the glory of the outdoors; however, it is still important to be comfortable in the best camping chair while doing so. While there are a lot of options for the best camping chairs, there are a few that we recommend for your next car camping or RV camping trip. Read our camping chair reviews & ratings to find the best chairs for camping today.
In This Article
Best Choice: AmazonBasics Outdoor Zero Gravity Lounge Folding Chair
The AmazonBasics Outdoor Zero Gravity Lounge Folding Chair in Beige is the best camping chair because it has a zero-gravity feature, plus it is made with a sturdy fabric to withstand wear and tear.
Our top pick among the best camping chairs is the AmazonBasics Outdoor Zero Gravity Lounge Folding Chair in Beige because this chair simply checks all the boxes when someone is looking for a chair they can reliably use while camping. This chair is a zero-gravity chair and will allow the user to feel weightless, suspended comfortably off the ground while relaxing. This weightless feel simply cannot be matched by any of the other choices on the market. In addition, this chair has a strong frame made out of steel, sure to withstand routine wear and tear. Furthermore, this chair has also been designed to resist even the most extreme weather conditions.
- The importance of the zero-gravity feature is key when looking for a chair
- Made with sturdy fabric and double bungee cords for additional support
- Comes in a variety of other colors in addition to beige
- Some people might find this chair to be a little bit small
Premium Pick: ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair, Deep Sea Blue
The ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair in Deep Sea Blue is the best camping chair because it includes cup holders and side pockets for extra storage, plus it is made with a strong steel frame.
Those who are looking to go camping in style should take a look at the ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair in Deep Sea Blue. This chair has been built with an incredibly strong steel frame and sturdy fabric to support a tremendous amount of weight. It will also stand up to routine wear and tear in addition to weather conditions. The armrests also come with convenient cup holders and side pockets, which contribute to added storage. This chair has made its way onto multiple best-seller lists for camping and the chairs come in a variety of colors.
- One of the strongest chairs on the market
- Made with a steel frame and polyester fabric to stand up to extreme conditions
- Includes cup holders and side pockets to provide a convenient location for storage
- Some people might find this chair hard to pack up and store
Best Value: Coleman Portable Camping Quad Chair with 4-Can Cooler
The Coleman Portable Camping Quad Chair with 4-Can Cooler is the best camping chair for portability because it is easy to fold up and store when not in use. It also includes an armrest cooler to keep drinks cold.
Not everyone has to break the bank when they are looking through the best camping chairs on the market, and this is where the Coleman Portable Camping Quad Chair with 4-Can Cooler can come in handy. This camping chair has all the basics without causing someone financial strain. The chair comes in a variety of colors and has a convenient, cozy design to keep people comfortable. It even has an armrest cooler to keep someone’s drink cold as they relax. The backrest is comfortable and provides plenty of support. The chair is small enough to fold up and store easily.
- One of the least expensive camping chairs on the market
- The armest cooler is a great way to relax while keeping the drinks cold
- Relatively small and easy to store when not needed
- This chair is not the strongest and might break easier than others
Runner Up: Kijaro Dual Lock Portable Camping and Sports Chair
The Kijaro Dual Lock Portable Camping and Sports Chair is the best camping chair because it includes cup holders, mesh pockets, and a strap for easy transport.
Our pick for the runner up camping chair is the Kijaro Dual Lock Portable Camping and Sports Chair because it is meant to be portable and provides a premium seating experience for those looking for one. It has a breathable mesh to prevent someone from overheating. This dual-lock chair will stay open and not collapse while in use, providing added safety and stability. It also comes with two separate cup holders, mesh pockets, and a strap, making it easy to carry. Finally, this chair comes in multiple colors and has been made to support up to 300 pounds in weight.
- Made with a mesh to prevent someone from overheating
- Includes cupholders and storage space
- Comes with an added locking feature to prevent the chair from collapsing while in use
- Some people might find this chair a bit heavy when carrying it
Honorable Mention: Trekology YIZI GO Portable Folding Camping and Backpacking Chair
The Trekology YIZI GO Portable Folding Camping and Backpacking Chair is the best camping chair because it is lightweight. It is made of sturdy material and is easy to assemble.
Our pick for the honorable mention is the Trekology YIZI GO Portable Folding Camping and Backpacking Chair because of its unique design. This chair is incredibly light and has been made to carry on someone’s back. It even fits in most backpacks. This sturdy gear has been designed to last for years. It can stand up to rugged outdoor conditions. The chair is easy to set up and, with practice, people will be able to set up this chair in seconds. Lastly, this chair has been designed to store easily. Its durable carry bag is easy to put away.
- Unique design
- Easy to set up, put away, and store
- Small enough to fit into most backpacks
- It doesn’t include a cup holder
Features to Consider for the Best Camping Chair
When someone is looking for the best camping chairs on the market, it can be hard to make a decision. This is because there are so many great options, such as the Helinox brand camping chair or a Coleman camp chair; however, taking a look at some of the features people need to have can help narrow down the options. Some of the features to consider include:
How Sturdy is the Camp Chair?
Among the items that people will bring camping, a chair might be the most common. It is important to find a chair that has been made to handle this routine use.
Has the Camp Chair Been Tested Against the Elements?
Spending time outside means exposing the chair to rain, wind, snow, and more. The chair needs to be able to handle this stress.
How Comfortable is the Chair?
Of course, this is one of the most important features. Does the chair have a comfortable seat and back? Is the mesh breathable? Will people feel comfortable using the chair for an extended period of time? Does it offer adequate back support?
What Other Features Does the Camp Chair Have?
Some chairs come with added storage space, cupholders, and more. Whether you want a loveseat, a chair with extra back support, a rocking chair, a chair with a headrest and recliner for lounging, a beach chair, a chair with a drink holder, or any other type of chair, this should be considered before buying one. Some people might care about these added benefits.
What is it Like to Set Up and Store the Chair?
The chair should be easy to set up, take down, and store. Furthermore, the chair should be safe and stay open when in use without collapsing.
These are only a few of the many features that people should think about when they are looking for the best camping chairs. Having these features in mind will allow someone to make the right decision for them and their camping crew. There are several benefits of using a camping chair that people should remember.
Benefits of Using Camping Chairs
Everyone wants to enjoy the outdoors while camping, which makes the chair selection an important decision. People want to be able to kick back, relax, and enjoy a beverage while taking in everything nature has to offer. With this in mind, there are a few key benefits that come with using one of the best camping chairs. These include:
- A camping chair is strong enough to provide support for the legs, back, and neck. Just because someone is outside doesn’t mean they need to be sore. A camping chair should provide plenty of support.
- The right camping chair should also have plenty of storage. This will limit how much someone has to get up to get a drink, food, or cooking equipment.
- A solid camping chair will also provide resistance against the elements. Rain and wind are inevitable. Nobody wants to use a chair that is going to break easily.
- A good camping chair will also offer storage pockets to keep your stuff safe while you’re camping.
These are only a few of the many benefits that come from using one of the best camping chairs on the market. Those who pick the right camping chair should be able to take advantage of these benefits.
Precautions of Using Camping Chairs
When someone is looking for a chair they can set up in their campsite, there are a lot of options to sort through. While there are a lot of benefits, there are also a few precautions that people need to keep in mind. Some of these include:
- How durable is the chair? These are not the beautiful wooden chairs that people use in their dining room. These will need to be heavy duty camping chairs to stand up to the elements. The fabric also isn’t going to be as strong as a wooden frame. These chairs might break easily if not chosen carefully. The weight capacity should be considered, especially for larger campers.
- Are the chairs easy to pack up and store? When you go camping, space is at a premium. If your camping chairs take up too much space, you may not have room for other things that you want to take, like a camping heater or a large emergency kit.
- Are the chairs designed to resist the weather? Remember these chairs are going to be used in the outdoors. There might be rain, wind, and even snow on a regular basis. The chairs need to stand up to all this.
These are only a few of the key precautions that people need to remember when they are looking for a comfortable chair they can use while camping.
In the end, our pick for the best camping chair is the AmazonBasics Outdoor Zero Gravity Lounge Folding Chair in Beige. While there were a lot of options among the best camping chairs, we have selected this chair for a number of reasons. First, its high-quality design allows someone to feel weightless, almost being suspended off the ground. There is a tremendous amount of support from the bungee cords and the steel frame. This means the chair will stand up to routine wear and tear in addition to extreme weather. It has also been tested to support up to 300 pounds.
Finally, the steel frame on this portable chair is also incredibly strong and only adds to the support. The chair even comes with a limited 1-year warranty. This makes the AmazonBasics Outdoor Zero Gravity Lounge Folding Chair in Beige an excellent choice!